10/2/10

I watched the sun rise...

...on my day off.

Instead of sleeping in on a recent day off (which, believe me, I wanted to), I decided to wake up before the sun, get dressed in the dark and make my way once again towards Frisco Marina. It's the first time this season that I put on boots and a winter hat. Too bad I forgot a photographer's best friend in the cold - a pair of gloves. Oops.

The lake has dropped considerably in the last month - at least four feet - which means I can get closer to the sailboats anchored in the bay. Between the low sun and the cold weather, I finally got the conditions that I wanted as well. The fog even rolled in as the sun peaked over the first mountain top.




After the sun had completely risen, I started to make my way back to the car. I found a pleasant distraction, and despite my dry, red, cold hands, I stayed a few more minutes to capture the morning dew that had formed on yellow fall leaves:



No comments:

Post a Comment